Friday 2 June 2017

A time to reflect


How on earth did that happen? I'm pretty sure I blinked and very much missed an entire month!! May was a full on challenging month to say the least. Me and Hubby sadly lost his Mum on the 2nd of May aged 54, which as you can imagine just threw everything up in the air. Its amazing how much there is to sort out in these sad and tough situations in life even though Josie was a very impressive organised lady!! It certainly puts a lot of perspective on your own lives too, just when you think you had it all figured out! 


Josie 1962-2017

One thing that definitely hasn't changed much (actually its grown even stronger) is how much time I ended up just sitting in the garden be it Josie's or my own and appreciated it all so much more. There were moments when being in the house was too much or as soon as I was up in the morning I'd take my coffee out with me where the garden gave me the space to reflect or clear my head to deal with the up and coming challenges about to be thrown at us. The garden was and still is a very welcome escapism and I managed to find the strength to tend to it. Sowing seeds, weeding, potting on seedlings, mowing, photographing plants and dreaming up potential projects(Some nods to Josie) has been a great therapy and made me even MORE passionate about gardening!!



Sowing & Potting on
Stewart Park-Middlesbrough
Incy Wincy Spider
Armeria (Sea Thrift)
Maximus & his Dahlia

Bumblebee enjoying Lavender
Tree in Stewart Park-Middlesbrough 














Some shots of life's simple but greatest pleasures (And most are FREE!!)




So what else could I do other than tweet and write this blog to share my passion and inspire others? I decided to set up my own Facebook Page, I made a little video of Me and my little boy Maximus planting Dahlia's and I have created a hastag #greenteesside to try and encourage the great people of Teesside to embrace and showcase our surroundings, be it in the local parks, our back gardens or the beautiful countryside. Life is too short & precious! And what better way to nurture it all than by getting into the garden/outdoors and help create and care for the basic things in life that have such a huge impact on it both physically and mentally!!

So I thank you Josie for being the great woman that you were and thank you for the 'do what makes you happy' attitude. 

Gardening certainly makes me happy & I will use it as a positive force to encourage others.

Until next time

N xx

Dedicated to Josie Walker 1962-2017


No comments:

Post a Comment